This is one of the most popular questions that we are usually asked. Unfortunately, we don’t recommend it for women while they are pregnant or breastfeeding. And here is why:
1. One of the reasons is hypersensitivity during pregnancy. Although in general, the procedure isn’t painful, during pregnancy, a woman may react differently to the treatment & pain.
2. Due to hormonal changes in the body of pregnant women, pigments can slightly change their colour and fade away way quicker.
3. During pregnancy, the facial skin may be more susceptible to pigment darkening.
4. During pregnancy, facial tissue can be stretched due to swelling & fluid retention. This means that cosmetic tattoos applied during pregnancy have the potential to change in shape once the baby has been born or no longer suit.
5. There is not enough known about the tattoo pigments on the growing baby to ensure safety.
It’s always best to be cautious while being pregnant and or breastfeeding and just wait those extra few months.
If you’re pregnant or breastfeeding and you’d like some help, then you are very welcome to come and see Natalia for a consultation. You can have a chat about the following:
- How to draw on eyebrows quickly and how to get them even!
- Eyebrow products that you can use in the meantime.
- How to look after your skin during pregnancy.
- You can ask Natalia any questions about cosmetic tattooing or facials you might want to have in future.
Can we help with further questions you may have regarding Cosmetic Tattooing?
Don’t be shy to call us at 0435 032 030 or shoot us an email at any time: Email us